- 4 pounds beef short ribs
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 can beer, optional
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Mix together onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper together in a small bowl until combined.
- Rub mixture onto ribs, making sure to coat all sides, then set ribs aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat until oil is shimmering, then brown short ribs on both sides. Remove from heat.
- In a second bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, honey and mustard until combined, then brush mixture all over ribs.
- Spread chopped onion along the bottom of slow cooker, then place short ribs on top.
- Pour beer over the ribs, then cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4, or until meat pulls apart from the bone.
- Optional: brush ribs with sauce again and broil for 5 minutes, or until crispy.
- Optional: reduce BBQ sauce over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: yummymommies.net