- 1-2 lbs okra, sliced
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle pepper (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- Vegetable Oil
- In a pie plate or other shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, ground black pepper, and chipotle pepper if using.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and milk.
- Working in small batches, coat the okra with the egg mixture, followed by the flour mixture.
- Place about 1 inch worth of vegetable oil in a skillet or dutch oven and heat to about 375.
- Place a few coated okra pieces into the heated oil and cook until golden brown. Use a spoon to flip over a few times, to cook evenly.
- Place cooked okra onto a paper towel to absorb extra oil.
- Continue working in small batches until all okra is fried. Enjoy!!
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: yummymommies.net