- 1 lb ground turkey (beef works too)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp taco seasoning, or 1 store bought package
- 1 (16 oz) can of corn, undrained
- 1 (16 oz) can of black beans, drain and rinse
- 1 (14 oz) can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilis
- Tortilla Chips, crushed
- Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream
In a pan over medium high heat, brown the turkey (or beef) and onion together until meat is no longer pink. Drain the fat.
Stir in the taco seasoning, corn, black beans, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and green chilies.
Allow to simmer on low for about 30 minutes.
Serve in bowls with crushed tortilla chips, cheese, and sour cream! *To make this in your slow cooker, brown the meat and onion as directed above, only add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Enjoy!
My family dipped some flour tortillas into the soup for an added side dish
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :