- 1-1 ½ pound chicken tenders, diced into 1-inch pieces
- ¾ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper (any color), diced
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, garnish
- 3-4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together chicken broth, soy sauce, garlic, and honey (add crushed red pepper flakes, if using).
- Add rice, chopped onion, bell pepper, and pineapple chunks with juices, and chopped chicken pieces to baking dish. Pour soy sauce mixture over top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Stir ingredients together, then top with bacon pieces and return to oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Toss again before serving and garnish with chopped green onions.
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: yummymommies.net